Careers – Join Our Team
Here at HedgeHog Electric, we do not hire employees, we hire team members. Because when you work for HedgeHog Electric, you become a vital part of our team of overachievers.
We are looking for people that want to build a career in the electrical industry and take pride in their work. People that are loyal to the team and that are intentional about their personal and professional growth. If that sounds like a description of you, then we want to meet you!
HedgeHog Electric is currently looking for both Apprentice and Journeyman Electricians to work with their Northern and Southern Utah teams. For those who want to apply as an Apprentice Electrician, we are looking for those who want to build a career in the electrical industry and take pride in the work they perform.
Our apprentices are generally paired with a Journeyman Electrician, so Apprentices can receive on-the-job training in performing electrical installations, troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical issues, and more on both residential and commercial work sites.
As for applying Journeyman Electricians, you may work in a team or on your own, depending on the job. We are looking for self-starters who can work well with one or more team members and who aren’t afraid to put in the hours to make sure a job is done right.
Like with Apprentice Electricians, our Journeyman Electricians will perform electrical installations, troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical issues, and more on both residential and commercial work sites. However, as the Journeyman onsite, you may be training an apprentice or on your own.
Pay will be dependent on your current experience level and your willingness or ability to lead a team.
- Maintain a polite, friendly, and courteous manner when interacting with clients
- Troubleshoot and make repairs to electrical systems
- Measuring, bending, and cutting electrical wires and conduits
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical systems in residences and commercial settings.
- Read and comprehend electrical blueprints and can follow blueprint instructions.
- Maintaining company vehicles, tools, parts, and equipment
- Follow local and state building regulations
- Leave the job site clean
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Above-average work ethic
- Be able to work with a team and on your own
- Valid driver’s license
- Be willing and able to work overtime if needed
- 1 year of electrical work experience preferred
- Pass a pre-hire drug screening test
- Be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Must be able to kneel, squat, bend, and climb
- (For Journeyman applicants) Must have a current Utah Journeyman Electrician license
If you don’t quite have all the qualifications we have listed, that’s okay! HedgeHog Electric is willing to train the right person who is ready to learn, motivated, and has an above-average work ethic.
Apply to Work for Hedgehog Electric
HedgeHog Electric is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all walks of life who can meet our job qualifications. We do not discriminate based on religious affiliation, race, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or veteran status.
If you are ready to grow in your electrical career, then fill out our employment form with your name, phone number, email, and resume to apply now!